When you get invested into Scouts, you promise to do certain things – including to abide by our law.
Promises are reaffirmed annually on St. George’s Day, the saints day of our Patron Saint.
On My Honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law.
As above, or …duty to my Dharma and to the Queen
As above, or …duty to Allah and to the Queen
Humanist, atheist or no faith alternative
…to uphold our Scout values, to do my duty to the Queen
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.