Our Group is open to all young people aged 6 to 14 of every faith and background. There are also plenty of opportunities for adults to become involved as Leaders, Assistants or Administrators.
An Introduction to Scouting
The Scout Association offers everyday adventure and activity to half a million young people across the UK. The Movement is the largest co-educational youth organisation in the world, with over 32 million members in 216 countries and territories.
In the UK Scouting is organised through The Scout Association and has a clear purpose:
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
We believe that Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
- enjoy what they are doing and have fun;
- take part in activities indoors and outdoors;
- learn by doing;
- share in spiritual reflection;
- take responsibility and make choices;
- undertake new and challenging activities; and
- make and live by their Promise.