Our Group is open to all young people aged 6 to 14 from all backgrounds and of every faith and none. We’re also always delighted to welcome enthusiastic adults who would like to lend a hand.
An Introduction to Scouting
The Scout Association offers everyday adventure and activity to half a million young people across the UK. The Movement is the largest co-educational youth organisation in the world, with over 32 million members in 216 countries and territories.
In the UK Scouting is organised through The Scout Association and has a clear purpose:
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
We believe that Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
- Enjoy what they are doing and have fun;
- Take part in activities indoors and outdoors;
- Learn by doing;
- Share in spiritual reflection;
- Take responsibility and make choices;
- Undertake new and challenging activities; and
- Make and live by their Promise.