Annual Fireworks Spectacular
Thank you to all who attended the 2012 Spectacular. Next year's show will take place on Saturday 2nd November 2013. We hope to see you at Lydiard Park next year!
The rest of the information on this event refers to the 2012 show. Details of the 2013 event will be available nearer the time.
We invite you to join us at Lydiard Park for our annual Firework and Bonfire Spectacular, to be held this year on Saturday 3rd November 2012!
- Entry Fee: £8 Adult £3 Child (3-14 years)
- Purchase tickets at the gate only - not available in advance
- Free car parking on site - vehicle access via Hook Street only. To ensure unrestricted access for buses and emergency vehicles please note that this year, no parking is allowed in Tregoze Way and Hay Lane
- Gates open at 5:30pm
- Easy pedestrian access via Lydiard Park - consider taking public transport to Middleleaze or Grange Park then walking as you will be able to exit the park much more quickly after the event has ended
- Bonfire lit at 6:00pm
- Fireworks scheduled for 7pm. Please allow enough time to enter the event before the display begins!
- Entertainment during the evening, including live music from Interlight!
- Various refreshment stalls
- Supporting local Scouting, plus this year's community charity: Wiltshire Search and Rescue
Sparkler Safety... Please leave all your own fireworks and sparklers at home! This is to ensure your own and other's safety whilst in the park. The use of fireworks and sparklers at the event is not allowed.
Please email our Car Parking Coordinator before Friday 2nd November 12 pm if you have any questions about disabled parking.
For their comfort and yours, pets are not allowed into the event. Please leave them at home!
Commercial trader? Thanks for your interest. However, all concessions on site are run by local volunteers supporting Scouting. The event therefore does not have any commercial trading pitches available.
Offers of pallets and other clean timber are greatly appreciated. However, please note that we cannot collect wood and it must be delivered to the Park on Saturday 3rd November only. If you are interested in offering some wood, please get in touch with us to make the necessary arrangements. Thank you!
If you have any other queries please email us, however please recheck this page before contacting us - the answer you are looking for could be above. In the lead up to the event the team of volunteers organising the event get very busy but we will try to respond to queries as soon as we can. Please note that no queries can be answered by email on the day of the event as everyone is on site setting up.
About the Event
We put on the only large Firework and Bonfire event in Swindon. The display is run entirely by volunteers from Swindon and North Wiltshire Scouts. 1st Purton and Lydiard Scout Group oversee the organisation of the event.
The display is designed and fired by members of a team that came second in the 2007 British Firework Display Championships.