We hope you can join us on Saturday 4th November 2017 for what promises to be a fantastic evening of entertainment.
The details below are from last year’s event and may change before this year’s event.
- 2016 Entry fee: £8 Adult, £4 Child (aged 3-14). Tickets can only be purchased at the gate and are not available in advance.
- Gates open at 5:30pm
- Free car parking on site – vehicle access via Hook Street only. To ensure unrestricted access for buses and other traffic please note that Tregoze Way and Hay Lane are designated ‘no waiting’ by the Borough Council for the whole evening.
- Easy pedestrian access via Lydiard Park – consider taking public transport to Middleleaze or Grange Park then walking as you will be able to exit the park much more quickly after the event has ended
- Drop off: At the Conference Centre entrance on Hay Lane and then walk through the Park to the events field. Taxis find it difficult to get back out of Hook Street against all the other cars coming to site.
- Leaving: Please do not call for a taxi in advance. Return to the Conference Centre entrance first and then call for your taxi – vehicles cannot wait around here for you as the route is ‘No Waiting’ all evening. Like at the start of the evening, taxis will find it difficult to access the Park via Hook Street against the leaving traffic.
During the evening
- Bonfire lit at 6:00pm
- Fireworks scheduled for 7.00pm. Please allow enough time to enter the event before the display begins!
- Entertainment during the evening, including live music
- Refreshments including burgers, sausages, soup, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc available to buy, as well as glow wands and novelty torches
- Supporting local Scouting, plus this year’s community charity
Sparkler Safety… Please leave all your own fireworks and sparklers at home! The use of fireworks and sparklers at the event is not allowed.
Disabled facilities – we have a small area set aside for disabled parking:
- Access is from the Swindon end of Hook Street only, it cannot be accessed from the Hook direction.
- Please show the gates staff your Blue Badge when you enter.
- Parking is on flat grass at the top of the main field, providing a view of the display from your vehicle.
- A disabled toilet is located nearby.
- The event village and refreshment stalls are a short walk away.
- Please email us via this link before Friday 3rd November noon if you have any further questions about disabled parking.
For their comfort and yours, pets are not allowed into the event. Please leave them at home!
Commercial trader? Thanks for your interest. However, all concessions on site are run by local volunteers supporting Scouting. The event therefore does not have any commercial trading pitches available.
Offers of pallets and other clean timber are greatly appreciated. However, please note that we cannot collect wood and it must be delivered to the Park on Saturday 4th November only. If you are interested in offering some wood, please get in touch with us via this link to make the necessary arrangements. Thank you!
If you have any other queries please email us via this link. Please note that no queries can be answered by email on the day of the event as everyone is on site setting up, but we will keep this web page updated with any on-the-day changes.
About the Event
We put on the only large Firework and Bonfire event in Swindon. The event is run entirely by volunteers from Swindon and North Wiltshire Scouts. 1st Purton and Lydiard Scout Group oversee the organisation of the event.
The display is designed and fired by Cotswold Fireworks.
We are supported by PRS for Music. PRS for Music licences the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the legal permission they need to play the music they want.
These licences ensure that music publishers, songwriters and composers are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music – and mean that we’re able to support music at events like this.
For more information about PRS for Music or music licensing, visit www.prsformusic.com or call 0800 068 4828.